Thursday, November 12, 2009

S.H.I.T.

S.H.I.T. is for the times when you just can't wait for Friday. So Happy It's Thursday! I brazenly stole this from my friend The Ecstatic, so there. Credit where credit is due. Speaking of Thursdays, today was a dark grey day that was heavy enough to make you think it would rain, but this is desert country. So I got home from work all "buh" and took til 7:30 to decide what to make. Pasta salad! It's easy, "good for you", and quick.  We already had zucchini, olives, and cheese, so I just needed a few more things: fusilli pasta, a red pepper, some broccoli, and some pepperoni. Cook the pasta, saute the veggies (M doesn't like crispy veggies LOL), steam the broccoli, cube the cheese. Toss it all in together with a drained can of olives and pepperoni slices, BLAMMO.

Now for the dressing. I've had pasta salad with just regular Italian mostly, but meh. That's not experimenting! I hate mayonnaise, so I grabbed a thing of plain yogurt and mixed it with some Grey Poupon (damn, that stuff is TASTY), minced garlic, EVOO, and italian seasoning. Once that was all mixified, I added bit by small bit of sugar until it was not too tangy but not sweet.

OK, so I was a little unsure of the dressing. I added the dressing to my bowl first (as M had already gone to bed and I don't want him gagging on his lunch while I'm at work) and HOT DAMN, I think it's a winner.





So, F you, mayonnaise. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As an even bigger NO to mayonnaise, I bet the dressing for this would make a yummy dip for raw veggies! Healthier too and mucho more nom.