Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trippin' on Tryptophan

Well, I hope everyone has sufficiently recovered from Thanksgiving foodcoma! I went down to southeastern New Mexico (Pecos Valley por vida! lol) to spend it with mom, grandma, step-dad, and the rest of the gang to eat ourselves redonkulous and enjoy time with them all. I had such a great time! Really thankful for those awesome folks. (Love you, mom!) Without further ado, here is the as-always lo-fi shot of our Thanksgiving bounty.



Step-dad Rand-o started the 23 pound turkabird the night before, letting it cook allllll night. Now I'm not the biggest carnivore you'll meet, but I had a few pieces and HOT DAMN. Grandma manned the kitchen with mom and I acting sous-chefs. All in all, there was dressing, cranberry relish, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and I still felt two things were missing: my Aunt Rene's homemade noodles and rolls. She was a greatly missed presence.

Now, now, I know, we're getting to it. The pies. Oh, there was pies. In less than 3 hours, grandma had cranked out a coconut cream pie (the reigning fave of everyone), a chocolate meringue pie, and a pumpkin pie. I will never choose. I took all three.

 


I then had to drive all the way back home that night and all I wanted to do was stay another day and relax with the familia. NOH, said the universe. So Dane-o-rama and I headed out (he was headed back the same time as well) and we spent the rest of the evening drinking coffee on my front porch with a nice drizzly rain coming down. I couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend.

MonkoMikeyPants came back from his holiday on Sunday, and asked me to help unload the trunk. By the beard of Zeus, what did I find? A flippin' tree. I love him. Yesterday was spent buying cheap but legendary ornaments, then glasses of eggnog and decoratin'. It is the most baddest, raddest tree to ever stand on metal legs. The cats have unsuccessfully tried to ninja their way around it, slowly raising paws to bat at the awesomeness that is our tree. I think we have it on lockdown though. *hope*




So, from our little feline-dominated family to yours, we hope everyone has a great, warm, love-filled holiday season. Cheers!

No comments: